Sony Computer Entertainment America Careers
The position would be responsible for graphics development and optimization on the SHAREfactory video editing software for PS4. SHAREfactory uses the power of the PS4 to seamlessly render and edit video, special effects and sound in real time. We are a small team of extremely skilled engineers and that means everyone needs to pitch in at times to work outside their specialty. It’s an exciting project with many interesting areas to innovate. We are looking for someone who can join the team and immediately bring another level of quality and functionality to the app.
* Graphics programming – Shader development, work with video codecs
* Optimization of app performance
* Work well with other engineers and adjust to solve issues in other people’s code
* Strong self-direction and independence on development tasks
* Tools development and other systems development as required
* Programming languages/frameworks: very strong C++, shader development
* Video codec experience: Ideal if knowledge of h264
* Optimization skills: Assembly, SSE / MMX
* Strong understanding of modern GPU architecture and optimizations, including GPU Compute
* Ability to provide technical direction/leadership, and interact with other groups.
Required Experience / Education:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* At least seven years of relevant game team or consumer application experience (PC or console / PS4 a big plus)
Preferred Experience / Education:
* At least 10 years of relevant experience
About Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is home to the PlayStation(R) family of products, including the PlayStation(R)3 (PS3 TM), PlayStation(R) Vita (PS Vita), PlayStation(R) Mobile and PlayStation(R)Network. Founded in 1994, SCEA has grown into a leading global computer entertainment brand and continues to redefine interactive consumer entertainment. Since the original PlayStation(R) first revolutionized the world of gaming, SCEA has repeatedly set the benchmark for innovation in home and portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. Based in Foster City, CA, SCEA serves as headquarters for all North American operations and employs over 2,104 people in offices located in Foster City, CA, San Diego, CA, Santa Monica, CA and Bend, OR.
It is SCEA's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. SCEA does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law. SCEA also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled applicants and employees.
San Diego, CA
San Diego, California